Friday, July 2, 2010

Beginnings and Endings

 The following few days will be a momentous day for many of us. Whether we like it or not, it marks the beginning of a new chapter in life - the passageway to adulthood. On the 4th of July, I will be leaving for UM, my dad's alma mater to pursue a degree in Biomedical Engineering. I'm excited yet I'm nervous all at the same time. Deep inside there is a sense of fear and reluctance as well. I guess its because there are things in my life which will only continue to exists in my life as memories.

Things I will miss...

Family
Mom and dad. I really thank God for putting such great people in my life. I just wouldn't be me without
them. My Sis. Though she already 'left the nest', I guess I'll continue to miss her more. Kit. Having shared so much for so long, life is definitely going to be missing something now.

Friends
So many in this category. LOL I guess it isn't fair to mention people just because there are so many of you who have truly been great friends in every sense. I will definitely miss the outings.. the company. My only regret is not having spent more time knowing that we won't see much of each other in the near future. Really hope we do get to meet up from time to time no matter how far apart we are.

School
In a weird sense, i guess i'll miss it. Teachers and all.

Home
This is just going to feel like a really long camp.

In a time like this.. I remember something..

Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything
 1 For everything there is a season,
      a time for every activity under heaven.
 2 A time to be born and a time to die.
      A time to plant and a time to harvest.
 3 A time to kill and a time to heal.
      A time to tear down and a time to build up.
 4 A time to cry and a time to laugh.
      A time to grieve and a time to dance.
 5 A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
      A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
 6 A time to search and a time to quit searching.
      A time to keep and a time to throw away.
 7 A time to tear and a time to mend.
      A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
 8 A time to love and a time to hate.
      A time for war and a time for peace.

I guess its time to grow up =)
I'll keep these things close to my heart no matter what.
To all my friends, no matter where you are... I really hope you guys will... (at the risk of sounding corny) reach for the stars... Never forget the things that matter... There will always be a place for you in my heart.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Although I've already "left the nest" as you said, will miss you too, knowing you're over THERE. :)

Take care okay? Life will definitely be different. But take everything in your stride, be open to new experiences, and you will continue to learn and grow :)

Don't worry about keeping in touch with friends. When there's a will, there's a way !

hael90 said...

friend is no need 2 say it out as long you got all the friend put inside your heart.then you friend will know it...

The Bee said...

ya ming,as you titled your blog beginnings and endings....true that this time of change in your life marks the beginning of many things but the many treasured things we have been blessed with wont actually end - be assured - it s just that they have to give way for the time being for many beginnings ... your family, your fast friends are still very much part of your life - less in direct contact tho but with fb, msn etc... bonds can still be maintained and not lost =)
am very thankful to God for you my son and i believe He will be your guide as you venture out into uni life. God is good all the time!!!!