Saturday, April 4, 2009

Growing

If a blog could rot, mine would be long gone by now. Even as i type this now, i can hear my finger joints creaking... like an old rocking chair... its kinda eerie... Shows how long since i my last post huh? Well since its been so long i thought that it would be great to post something about my recent developments...

Its been say more than 2 months since i made a proper post and i guess i could say a lot has happened. For one, my monthly test is over and done with... phew... and you know what??? i gt all A's!!! yay... first time in my form 6 life!! doesn't really matter much though... its just a monthly test... wasn't really satisfied with how i did in bio.... lotsa things i still need to focus on.. but life has been good.. been having some fun times in form 6... just a few days ago, polis trafik had their station games and i had a blast... somehow i managed to play 'captain ball' even as a referee!! and we won 6-3. Couldn't resist ourselves. (Tiffany, Chee Kang and I)
Devar... you couldn't do anything about it.... haha... Well, that was really fun considering the last time i played it was in 2003.... but gosh was it tough to handle the event.... i literally lost my voice as it broke every time i tried to tell the crowd something... but it was cool anyhow...

You know, it has been more than half a year since i started form 6 and to be honest, I am really proud of myself. Looking back i realize how much i've grown as a person and it has been something i have been trying to do for a long time. Being quiet and timid all my life i guess i always wanted to be a little bolder and maybe be a lil more outgoing like my sis. And you know, i'm so glad i chose form 6 over JPA. I have absolutely no regrets. I truly believe that God led me to the right people at the right place and at the right time. I have come to know really wonderful people that i actually feel comfortable with and that was just what i needed. Somehow going to form 6 liberated me of all the images of what i should be and who i was that people expected me to be. I wouldn't blame them either. For a long time i thought of myself just as the quiet guy who didn't have much to offer. Somehow that image really stuck and it even made me believe that that was all i was. But now i feel more comfortable with myself and i'm having more fun than i ever had. Well all i can say is that i still have a long way to go... still learning to be all that God wants me to be. I really really thank God for my form 6 friend who have just been the best... tolerating my weird personality and stuff... As i said... form 6 ain't too bad after all.

Well... i haven't really changed that much. I am still the old me. The me that my friends from bukit mewah have come to know is still there. Maybe the packaging though has changed quite a bit.

Well, i guess i just wanted to share a bit about my form 6 experience and how thankful i am in all things. What i've learned is that u need not be who people want you to be. Life is too short to not be yourself. Well, To all those people just like me who like to fade into the comfort of the corners... its ok to come out and show your true self to the world.... and you know why?? ....because people love you all the same..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yay... finally a new post...

captain ball is fun... try the sitting version that is nicer...

but floorball is the best... google it if you don't know what that is okay..

i can't wait to see the new packaging of you...

Liz said...

That's great Ming. I'm proud of you too. Haha Well, honestly, I wouldn't call myself an outgoing person. And like you, I wasn't an outgoing person before this either. But, when you learn to be comfortable with who you are, and HAPPY with who you are, and you meet those people whom you just 'click' with, then there's no stopping the force that comes!
I'm glad you're enjoying Form 6. Just don't forget need to study also okay (Crap, I sound like Pa!! Yikes.)
Anyways, continue to grow as a person. I can see that you have. Keep it up. And stop bullying me when I come home, otherwise, I'll think twice about it!!! XD Take care.
XOXO to the rest too ya :P

The Bee said...

so the shell is opening up and revealing the interesting and fantastic interior ya???
am thankful to God for what is happening ...
ie the person within- in the right environment- allowed to be yourself
no pressure to be what is expected
unafraid to step out a bit out of your norm self
feeling happier with what you see
growing as a person and realising it
maturing
you know it is nice to have quiet persons around
rather than guys who cant stop talking and monopolise all conversation
yet in conducive environment the quiet can muster courage to overcome timidity and begin to open up and contribute ...
and a better balanced personality results
am glad God has placed you among your new friends in form six they are definitely special
God always has good plans for us
we just need to open our eyes and see as He works us his clay
and His works are good!!!
v happy to hear this from you......